Treat your mother this Mother’s Day with this delicious french toast recipe!
This recipe will knock her socks off! French toast, mixed berries and cream, what more could she wish for?
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup (80ml) thin cream
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1.5cm thick round panettone, quartered
- 250g frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, extra to dust
- 40g unsalted butter
- Thick cream or yoghurt, to serve.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, cream, milk, sugar and vanilla together. Add the panettone, turn to coast and leave to soak for 10 minutes. Press the panettone down regularly to ensure it soaks up the batter.
- Meanwhile, place half the berries in a blender with the icing sugar and 1 tbsp water. Blend until smooth, combine with remaining berries and set aside.
- Over medium heat, melt half the butter in a non-stick frypan. Drain excess egg mixture from half the panettone slices and cook for 1-2 minutes each side, until golden brown. Keep repeating with remaining butter and panettone.
- To serve, place two slices on each plate, dust with icing sugar and top with berry compote and a dollop of cream.